Monday, August 29, 2011

Day 4

Everyday, the schedule of therapies changes and your daily schedule comes with your breakfast. For the most part, my mornings are pretty light with the bulk of the work being right after lunch. When I'm done with my afternoon work, I'm ready for dinner and bed as soon as possible.

My schedule for today included heavy OT and PT. I transferred from chair to mat to chair to mat to chair to mat. Between transfers, heavy sessions of stretching and using muscles that I didn't know existed.

Today, my OT therapist says "It's nice outside, why don't we go outside today". I'm thinking, sure it's a beautiful day, we can wheel outside and sit in the sun. WRONG! OT outside means we will be going for a 1/2 mile long walk/roll uphill both ways to see what kind of stamina I have built up. (Built up since when? The 4 days that I've been here?)

I asked my nurse to take a picture so that I could show my wheelchair in the blog. As you can tell from the photo, she picked a good profession and should not try photography.


2 comments:

  1. I think it's a great air hockey table, she's a wonderful photographer! When I come to visit, game on!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Air hockey? Does it work? See you on Weds!

    ReplyDelete